Thursday 9 October 2014

The Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace

I had a great afternoon at the Knitting and Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace today!

My first stop was at Stand K12 to see the wonderful Yarn Stories! I was delighted to see my hand warmers design displayed on the stand with other lovely designs from some of my favourite designers. It was great to meet the Yarn Stories team in person too. More about Yarn Stories in my next post.....

My hand warmer design for Yarn Stories is top centre!
Gorgeous colours from Yarn Stories
I can't believe a year has passed since I was a finalist in the UK Handknitting Association's Knitted Textile Awards and I was excited to see this year's finalists. There is a lovely selection of extremely creative knitting on display and I highly recommend a visit. A big shout out to the very talented Nicky Barfoot who has been selected two years running!

The Coats Crafts UK fashion show in the Great Hall was a good way to see some of the trends for this season and my favourites were these amazing ponchos from Rowan Yarns.


Zandra Rhodes has designed fabrics for the new Free Spirit Range that were inspired by her time in Australia.



When I was in Harrogate last year, I visited the Baa Ram Ewe Shop and was very impressed with the selection of yarns and patterns available. It was a real pleasure to meet Jo and Katherine this afternoon and just look at this colour pallet of Titus yarn! Can't wait to start knitting!

Titus Yarn by Baa Ram Ewe
I will be back at the K&S Show on Sunday, as I am helping on the Knitting and Crochet Guild Stand, RCF11. Please come and say hello if you are at the Show! 

No comments:

Post a Comment