Tuesday 3 September 2013

The Mendocino Yarn Shop

The Mendocino Yarn Shop is a very friendly and wonderfully stocked yarn shop in the picturesque Northern Californian Coastal town of Mendocino. Both the shop and the town are an absolute delight to visit.
Mendocino Yarn Shop on Albion Street
Photo by Emma V
This yarn shop has so many different yarns in such a wonderful selection of weights and shades that it took me some moments to get orientated!

Lots of yarn
Photo by Emma V
More yarn!
Photo by Emma V
Buttons too!
Photo by Emma V
Luckily I had done some planning and was looking for Aran or chunky weight yarn to knit my curves and corners scarf. In the end I decided on Pasea by Plymouth Yarn and I will post the results shortly!

Pasea by Plymouth Yarn
Photo taken at Mendocino Headlands by Emma V
I enjoyed my visit so much that I returned the next day to purchase some lovely northern Californian Brittany knitting needles (almost have all of the sizes, but not quite!). This wonderful bright green lace weight Silky Alpaca yarn by Classic Elite Yarns had already caught my eye. Can't wait to design a pattern for the two 100g balls I bought. 
Silky Alpaca by Classic Elite Yarns
Photo taken at Point Cabrillo Light Station by Emma V

No comments:

Post a Comment