Friday 7 December 2012

Kaffe Fassett and Colour Inspiration

There is one week to go until the Kaffe Fassett talk at the V&A, when he will talk about 'his career, recent projects and his passion for colour'. Kaffe Fassett has always used colour creatively throughout his designs and across many different art and craft disciplines. Thinking about his clever colour combinations, I looked through his many patterns in my Rowan Magazines and other pattern books for colour inspiration. I then got out my Kaffe Fassett 'sweater in a box' kit by Rowan yarns, which is made with 23 stunning colours.
Section of Bright Diagonal Box Stripe Sweater (1989) by Kaffe Fassett and Zoe Hunt
Knitted by Emma Vining
As well as the multicoloured little 'boxes', the knitted diagonals in this sweater have additional colour changes within them and are never just one solid colour. These small details make you look twice and are typical of Kaffe Fassett's approach to colour. The only downside is the number of ends to weave in!
Kaffe Fassett's new autobiography 'Dreaming in Colour' is on my Christmas list and I'm looking forward to being even more inspired by next week's talk.




No comments:

Post a Comment