Wednesday 14 November 2012

Twined Knitting in the Knitter Magazine

Lise Warburg examined the geographical spread of twined knitting in her talk at the Knitting History Forum. Although I had heard of twined knitting, I knew little about it and Lise's talk certainly made me curious. I was very pleased to find an article in this month's Knitter Magazine by The Dutch Knitters, which also takes a look at this traditional technique. There are photos of knitted examples, a brief history of twined knitting and descriptions of yarn and technique. A pattern for mitts that uses twined knitting, Annika, is also in the magazine with helpful, step by step picture instructions for getting to grips with the complicated parts!

The Knitter Issue 51 with Annika Mitts shown

2 comments:

  1. I though the article was very interesting and really want to try this technique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nicki. If you try out the technique, please let me know how you get on. Thanks!

      Delete